- Use of Our Site
- Eligibility. This is a contract between you and WHILL. You must read and agree to these terms before using the Site. If you do not agree, you may not use the Site. You may use the Site only if you can form a binding contract with WHILL, and only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. Any use or access to the Site by anyone under 13 is strictly prohibited and in violation of this Agreement. The Site is not available to any Users previously removed from the Site by WHILL.
- Access of Our Site. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, freely revocable license to use the Site for your personal, noncommercial use only and as permitted by the features of the Site. WHILL reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Site and the WHILL Content (as defined below). WHILL may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
- Site Rules. You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities: (i) copying, distributing, or disclosing any part of the Site in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated “scraping”; (ii) using any automated system, including without limitation “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., to access the Site in a manner that sends more request messages to the WHILL servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser (except that WHILL grants the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy publicly available materials from WHILL.com for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials); (iii) transmitting spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email; (iv) attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Site; (v) taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (vi) uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Site; (vii) collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Site; (viii) using the Site for any commercial solicitation purposes; (ix) impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity; (x) interfering with the proper working of the Site; (xi) accessing any content on the Site through any technology or means other than those provided or authorized by the Site; or (xii) bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site, including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Site or the content therein.Accessing any audiovisual content that may be available on the Site for any purpose or in any manner other than Streaming (as defined below) is expressly prohibited unless explicitly permitted by the functionality of the Site. “Streaming” means a contemporaneous digital transmission of an audiovisual work via the Internet from the Site to a User’s device in such a manner that the data is intended for real-time viewing and not intended to be copied, stored, permanently downloaded, or redistributed by the User.We may, without prior notice, change the Site; stop providing the Site or features of the Site, to you or to Users generally; or create usage limits for the Site. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Site without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by this Agreement.You are solely responsible for your interactions with other WHILL Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. WHILL shall have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction.
- Our Proprietary Rights
- Third-Party Links and Information
- No Warranty
- Limitation of Liability
- Governing Law, Arbitration, and Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver
- Governing Law. You agree that: (i) the Site shall be deemed solely based in California; and (ii) the Site shall be deemed a passive one that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over us, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than California. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of California, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. The parties acknowledge that this Agreement evidences a transaction involving interstate commerce. Notwithstanding the preceding sentences with respect to the substantive law, any arbitration conducted pursuant to the terms of this Agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16). The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in San Mateo County, California for any actions for which we retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a our copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights, as set forth in the Arbitration provision below, including any provisional relief required to prevent irreparable harm. You agree that San Mateo County, California is the proper forum for any appeals of an arbitration award or for trial court proceedings in the event that the arbitration provision below is found to be unenforceable.
- Read this section carefully because it requires the parties to arbitrate their disputes and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from WHILL. For any dispute with WHILL, you agree to first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. In the unlikely event that WHILL has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after sixty (60) days, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy (excluding any claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as provided below) arising out of or in connection with or relating to this Agreement, or the breach or alleged breach thereof (collectively, “Claims”), by binding arbitration by JAMS, under the Optional Expedited Arbitration Procedures then in effect for JAMS, except as provided herein. JAMS may be contacted at www.jamsadr.com. The arbitration will be conducted in San Mateo County, California, unless you and WHILL agree otherwise. If you are using the Site for commercial purposes, each party will be responsible for paying any JAMS filing, administrative and arbitrator fees in accordance with JAMS rules, and the award rendered by the arbitrator shall include costs of arbitration, reasonable attorneys’ fees and reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses. If you are an individual using the Site for non-commercial purposes: (i) JAMS may require you to pay a fee for the initiation of your case, unless you apply for and successfully obtain a fee waiver from JAMS; (ii) the award rendered by the arbitrator may include your costs of arbitration, your reasonable attorney’s fees, and your reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses; and (iii) you may sue in a small claims court of competent jurisdiction without first engaging in arbitration, but this does not absolve you of your commitment to engage in the informal dispute resolution process. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Nothing in this Section shall be deemed as preventing WHILL from seeking injunctive or other equitable relief from the courts as necessary to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation, or violation of our data security, Intellectual Property Rights or other proprietary rights.
- Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver. With respect to all persons and entities, regardless of whether they have obtained or used the site for personal, commercial or other purposes, all Claims must be brought in the parties’ individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action, collective action, private attorney general action or other representative proceeding. This waiver applies to class arbitration, and, unless we agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims. You agree that, by entering into this agreement, you and WHILL are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action, collective action, private attorney general action, or other representative proceeding of any kind.
- This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by WHILL without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
- Entire Agreement/Severability. This Agreement, together with any amendments and any additional agreements you may enter into with WHILL in connection with the Site, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and WHILL concerning the Site. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect, except that in the event of unenforceability of the universal Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver, the entire arbitration agreement shall be unenforceable.
- No Waiver. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and WHILL’s failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- California Residents. The provider of services is WHILL, Inc., 285 Old County Rd. #6, San Carlos, California 94070, 844-MY-WHILL, email@example.com. If you are a California resident, in accordance with Cal. Civ. Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Sites of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112 Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916) 445-1254.