What do you love doing?
- Inclusive sailing
- Mentoring college students designing assistive technology
- Traveling around the world
- Going out with friends to local restaurants and bars
What’s on your adventure list?
I want to become a recognizable figure in the inclusive sailing world and inspire others to adopt the sport. Being on the water gives me the freedom and exhilaration I can’t get anywhere else, and I want others to experience it with me.
I also hope to continue helping young engineers and designers who will create the next “WHILL” to further demonstrate that, in regards to mobility devices, form and function can be inclusive, and that people with disabilities deserve more than just devices that meet the code.
Favorite benefits of Model M
- Design is sleek and beautiful and gives me confidence
- Compact size allows me to maneuver in tight spaces
- Functions smoothly on public
- Transfers between Model M any my sailboat is simple and safe
- Seat slide allows me to sit comfortably at a table while eating
Note: Fernanda had an extensive test drive with a demo unit.